How should vaccinations be given to new born baby?

Good Morning Doctor, I have some queries regarding the vaccination of my new born baby born on 21-October-2013. 1. On 09-Nov-13, he was given BCG + 1 dose of OPV 2. On 11-Dec-13, he was given 1st dose of HepB + 2nd dose of OPV 3. Now on coming 11-Jan-14, the scheduled vaccine is DTap-1 + Hib-1 + HepB-2+ OPV-3. Now here some one suggested to go for combined vaccine as it is painless and no fever will come. Also some Ped. suggests that DTap should not be combined with HepB vaccine and to be administered separately. Now considering the above doses which are already given please suggest me the best option for combined vaccine for upcoming doses. Regards, XXXX
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 43 hours later
Brief Answer: Pentavalent is good Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. The vaccines are right in the schedule. You can get your baby a combined vaccine along with oral polio. The pentavalent vaccine is a combination of five vaccines in one: diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, hepatitis B and Haemophilus influenza type b. The above Pentavalent is Unicef recommend and do not have side effects or vaccine failures. Need not worry, do discuss about the same with the pediatrics and go ahead. regards,