How should Prilosec be taken for LRD reflux?

Hello I have LRD reflux and have a rx for prilosec 20mg 2 times a day for 3 months. I take one pill 30 minutes before breakfast and same at dinner. Is it better to take the last one before going to bed instead of 30min before dinner?
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Prasad 11 hours later
Brief Answer: It is better absorbed when there is no food... Detailed Answer: Hi, Prilosec is advised half an hour before food since it is better absorbed when there is no food content in the stomach. Presence of food reduces its absorption. Therefore we prefer to prescribe it half an hour before food. If you wish to take the night pill before going to bed, you should be taking it atleast 2-4 hours after you eat your dinner. That being said, I might be able to give you a better solution if I may know the reason why you wish to take it before going to bed and not before food. Please explain you reasons on the follow up. Regards