How should Prilosec be taken for LRD reflux?
User rating for this question
Hello I have LRD reflux and have a rx for prilosec 20mg 2 times a day for 3 months. I take one pill 30 minutes before breakfast and same at dinner. Is it better to take the last one before going to bed instead of 30min before dinner?
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Prasad 11 hours later
Brief Answer: It is better absorbed when there is no food... Detailed Answer: Hi, Prilosec is advised half an hour before food since it is better absorbed when there is no food content in the stomach. Presence of food reduces its absorption. Therefore we prefer to prescribe it half an hour before food. If you wish to take the night pill before going to bed, you should be taking it atleast 2-4 hours after you eat your dinner. That being said, I might be able to give you a better solution if I may know the reason why you wish to take it before going to bed and not before food. Please explain you reasons on the follow up. Regards
People also viewed
- Jabbed ear with bud now hurts
- Swollen taste bud hard to swallow
- How to control bile reflux
- How to cure acid reflux
- Heart burn while taking doxycycline hyclate
- Will prilosec otc treat acid reflux ?
- Losing taste buds when sick
- Protonic acid reflux
- Esophagus spasms after beer
- How should prilosec be taken for lrd reflux
- Heartburn after chewing gutkha
- Swollen tonsils elarged taste buds
- Enlarged taste buds fatigue weakness
- Can crystal meth cause reflux
- How to reduce acid reflux