How should I use a FAS 3 kit ?

Hello, Im 29 yrs old and i've recently developed irritation and burning in Vagina since last 5 days. now i'm going to take a FAS 3 kit and i want to know how am i suppose to take a Fas 3 kit ? 4 medicine in 4 days or all in one day ?
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 41 minutes later

Vaginitis(burning and irritation in vagina)can be due to various reasons as infections (fungal most common),allergy to clothing or any chemical product etc.

The treatment depends on the cause of infection.

FAS 3 kit contains an antibiotic,antifungal and an amoebicide. Azithromycin is to be taken alone and rest all together.Also they have to be taken after food.

But I would advice you to get examined by a doctor once so that the exact cause(whether it is due to bacteria,fungal etc)can be ruled and then take the medications accordingly.

Meanwhile some suggestions for you:

1)Wear loose cotton underwear. Avoid tight fitting clothes.

2)Wash the area twice with antibacterial soap and water and keep it dry.

3)If you are having intercourse use condom.

4)Have diet comprising of Yoghurt,salads,probiotic supplements etc.

Hope this answers your query.

I will be available for follow up if any.

Follow-up: How should I use a FAS 3 kit ? 2 hours later
Dear doctor mitaly,

Thanks for your reply. On sat and sun i had intercourse with my husband and from monday onwards i had this irritation.

the FAS 3 kit has a total of 4 tablets. I took one after breakfast and now there are 3. One tablet is a big PINK tablet which says (1 hour before lunch), however i already had my lunch and rest 2 big white tablet says after dinner.

Do i take the rest 3 today itself ? Should i take the pink one now and 2 tablets after lunch ??

Answered by Dr. Mitaly 55 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up query.

You can take the pink tablet in the evening and the rest two white after the dinner.But remember the white tablets are to be taken together so do not forget them.

Hope this helps.