How should I deliver Berodual to my baby?

I have a five and a half month old baby who was 17 weeks early and is now out of hospital for 6 weeks. Berodual has been offered to help with her lung development after having problems with flixotide 50. I think Berodual is causing even more problems and I cannot even keep the mask on my baby without what can only be described as tourture.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 minutes later

The drugs which are being given to your baby is only to dilate her bronchioles so that her lungs can function normally. Since her lungs are not yet fully mature these drugs are essential for her survival.
If you find it problematic to deliver the drug then you can give these drugs through a nebuliser.
If you are facing any other problem then you may describe it in detail so that we can search for a solution to your problem.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: How should I deliver Berodual to my baby? 1 hour later
We are using a nebuliser and this is touture. The face masks we have are all too big and too press this to her face for 10-20 min if a fight. She has almost been perfect through the weight gain process until being given Flixotide, since then for the first time she has lost a little of this weight hence coming off this (maybe thrush of the trout caused) being six alot for 10 days. Now we are on these new drugs and her weight is to be monitored but I do not understand why putting her through such long touture is good. the energy she must lose in this process is crazy. I need options because what is being done is not good enough
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
Using a nebulizer is the best option for her right now. She is not developed enough to use the inhalers properly. She is not strong yet to do without medicines. The only thing that you can do is to nebulize her when she is sleeping. This way you will have to do the effort to hold the mask near her face without fixing it to the face of the child.
Sincerely hope it will help.
Wishing you an early recovery.