How serious is the problem of having large hiatal Para esophageal hernia?

I have a large hiatal Para esophageal hernia with approximately one third of my stomach above the diaphragm, and there is an air-fluid level within the mid esophagus and food debris within the stomach above the diaphragm. how serious is this problem. does it need immediate attention. or over a few weeks ok? I have been suffering with abdominal pain for months.
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Large hiatal para esophag.hernia-immediate action. Detailed Answer: Hi, XXXXX Welcome to XXXXXXX I have read your medical history carefully, and I would say that yes, you need an immediate medical attention as you having a large hiatal para-esophageal herni. Therefore, in such cases, it is scheduled an urgent surgical intervention to minimize the size of hernia and prevent severe complications. Medicines do not help much in such cases, while intervention is the only solution. Furthermore, you are saying to have chest pressure and pain, that could suggest a probable heart problem. So, I'd advise to check with cardiologist and run cardiac tests for the right diagnosis and treatment. At last, do consult a GI specialist and immediately to get final treatment as soon as possible. GI specialist will ask to consult surgeon to schedule the intervention day. Hope it answered your questions! If you have more concerns, do not hesitate to write me back! Dr.Klerida