How serious is fatty liver grade II and mild bulky uterus?

Rheumatologist
Question
Hello.Female aged 41.Iam diabetic under control.My Ultrasound scan showed that i have fatty liver grade II and mild bulky uterus.Is this serious ?
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on HCM. Well looking in to your problem I would like to tell you that it is not a serious issue that you have fatty liver but you will need to lose weight in case you are obese . It is an indicator of propensity to have metabolic syndrome in future , but if you lose weight and follow healthy diet then it will be reversible. Next is bulky uterus , I will advise you to see a gynecologist for this as it shows that the endometrial thickness is increased , if it also associated with heavy menstruation it needs to be investigated . A P/V examination is important in this case . Since you are trying for pregnancy it becomes important. Take care. Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: How serious is fatty liver grade II and mild bulky uterus? 22 hours later
Is there any gynaecologist available on your board ?

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Yes there are many gynecologists on this site but I will advise you to see one in person because physical examination is very important in this . A p/v examination needs to be done then only anything can be decided. Dr. Shruti