How serious is a cat bite?

Mar 2013
Hi can i ask you a medical question? I got bitten by a cat about 2 months ago. The wound was not deep and got healed quickly. The cat is now still alive. However, I was on the website yesterday and I accidentally read some stuff about cat diseases. So I'm afraid that it could cause problems. I was diagnosed with chronic anxiety one month ago. Can the catbite cause my anxiety? Or is it just me being over reacting? In addition, should I seek a medical treatment (for the catbite that happened 2 months ago) ? The wound has compeletely disappeared. I got bitten by a cat in Australia when I was visiting a friend. So I don't know whether it's been vaccinated before. But the owner says it's still alive.
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: NO NEED TO WORRY - NO TREATMENT REQUIRED. Detailed Answer: Hello Lidya Thanks for writing in with your health concern. There is no need for you to seek any kind of treatment for the cat bite. That is, because - 1. The animal is still alive and healthy. 2. It was a superficial bite which healed over quickly. 3. You had no signs and symptoms of infection. ANxiety is not associated with any kind of animal bite / cat bite. Please go through the following scientific link - it will further reassure you, as it explains in detail, as to when you should be treated, following an animal bite - WWW.WWWW.WW All the best and take care.