How safe is it to take Garcinia Cambogia to deal with obesity?

Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Safe for 12 weeks not more; in restricted amounts Detailed Answer: Hello ma'am and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. Garcinia Cambogia is increasing in popularity for being an effective fat burner. Although this fruit has shown to help many individuals, there is no documented proof or study to prove this is the case. Also, weight loss that was experience was rapid, but not in large amounts (eg. 1-4 kg of weight was lost safely). So it would be safe to take the fruit in small amounts and for a maximum duration of 12 weeks, not more; and with large and regular consumption of the fruit or its extract there have been various serious side effects due to which some of the products containing this extract were even withdrawn from the market. Side effects include liver damage and toxicity, nausea, headaches, gastrointestinal tract irritation, etc. I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes ma'am.