How safe are Botox injections for cosmetic reasons?

Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Beauty & Cosmetics
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 9 minutes later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Regarding the Botox injections these are extremely safe in a hands of a physician who has done many of these procedures. Botox injections are generally giving in a medical office or in a cosmetic institute supervised by a position with this type of expertise.

The injections are given just under the skin and the Botox will paralyze the muscles in the area which helps to reduce the incidence of wrinkles. This effect is temporary, however, and this is something that you should try to remember. The Botox effect will last for about three months. If someone desires to continue the affect additional Botox injections can be safely administered after a three month period.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Robert