How much will a PET scan cost in India?

General Surgeon
Hi I am a friend of dr. ananthaswar and Dr. Baliga. My friend had breast cancer 5 years ago and is interested in going to the Manipal for a PET scan of the whole body to check if all is gone or cantained.

I was featured on your advertising section for international patients until recently.

Please advise the cost involved. we are resident in XXXXXXX

Thank you

Elizabeth Hitchcock
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 5 hours later

PET scan is done to find any active lesion and yes it is good to follow or check the activity of cancer cells. In India PET scan cost INR 7000 in government Institutes like AIIMS, NEW Delhi and PGI,Chandigarh. but in private sector it costs from INR 0000 to 0000, depending upon institution to institution. In government sector there is long queue.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”