How much quantity of formula milk should be given to a baby?

Feb 2013

My son is 3 months now. I am an Asian indian. He was born on 21st oct 2013. The due date given was given 17th Nov. My query is about formula feeding. he is completely on formula. He is not taking enough formula as required for a 3 month which I referred from babycentre website guidelines. His XXXXXXX consumption for 24 hours is 650ml. his doc says he has gained relevantly good. at 2 his months check up. he was 5.49kg. birth weight was 4.950kg. How will I know he had enough and what I am feeding is good enough. He is on NAN HA1.
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: you will know by weight, urine output, , sleep. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic. Exclusive breastfeeding is the best and gold standard method of feeding infants below 6 months age. During the first 3 months of age, the kid will gain 25 to 30 grams per day. On an average you can expect 700 to 900 grams weight gain per month during the first 3 months of life. After 3 months of life, kids usually gain 20 grams per day. The adequacy of breast or formula feeds can be known by the weight gain of the child, urine output, comfortable sleep after the feed. If the weight gain is appropriate, and the child is passing urine 6 to 8 times per day and sleeps comfortably after feeds, these are suggestive of adequate feeds. Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know. Regards.