How much of the prostrate gland can be felt in digital rectum examination?

My prostate gland is 101 cc. When my urologist conducts a digital rectal exam, how much of the gland is he able to feel? Half or two-thirds?
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Alekhya 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Around two-thirds of the prostate gland. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understood your concern. As you said your prostate gland volume is 101 cc, your urologist might have felt the enlargement of upto two thirds because normally volume is around 30 cc. More than it can be felt on Digital Rectal Examination. But it also depend on the palpation so probably felt more than half to two-thirds of the prostate gland. Hope it helped you. Thanks.