How much of Trika pills taken can just hospitalize me not kill me ?

Cardiologist
Question
Dear Dr. Myself XXXXXXX A HR manager in Pvt Concern at Chennai. I'm in Love issues me and my girl are strong to marry but our parents against us and threaten us v'll commit suicide and ask us to forget each other but we cant i wanna show them that i love my girl deeply so planned to do suicide attempt so that i should not die but all have feel my XXXXXXX love on her to accept our marriage i planned to have trika 0.5 mg sleeping pills. May i know how much pills should safety attempt but i should not kill me but hospitalized me. Kindly help me i wanna live with my girl forever or else we 'll die :(
Posted Fri, 13 Jul 2012 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 2 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

I am a medical specialist and with an additional degree in Cardiology.
What if you are have managed to stay alive and left to live like semi vegetable state wherein you will be able to listen and perceive everything and dependent on others? Best course for you to a psychologist in confidence and regain your self confidence to able to face your parents and her parents. Convince them with your capacity to love and ability to take care of their daughter. You are not the first person to fall in this trap and will not be the last. Use your intelligence, capability and diligence with which you have achieved this stature in life by thinking the rational way. Well, Trika (ALPRAZOLAM) is a prescription drug procuring it without doctor's prescription is against law of the land. There is no guarantee that the physiological dose which will induce sleep will not do no more harm. Do you still want to take the risk? Ask me a follow up question I promise I will give the answer if tell me that you have given a thought to all the consequences and still want to take the risk. You can ask your doctor you may get the answer. Unfortunately, the chemist(s) who dispensed the drug will be in Jail.

Dr Anil Grover
MBBS, MD(internal medicine) DM (Cardiology)

Follow-up: How much of Trika pills taken can just hospitalize me not kill me ? 5 hours later
Thanks for your kind advice and concern on Dr. but I've tried all dis past 2 years make our parents to realise my love on her but they not feel it Dr so only my last chance to prove my love on her to them. I'm sure i don't wanna die but wanna make them feel i die for her. so kindly suggest me how many pills exactly can hospitalized me but should not make worst or die please feel my feelings i love her lot wanna live with her happily don't wanna die please Dr trika 0.5mg how many pills should I've can u please tell me consider me as your belove son wantto live but wanna make our parents to feel our love n make marriage to us. this is last chance please help me Dr. thanks in advance

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 6 hours later
Persuade the chemist to give you the drug safety instructions usually written in small print contained in the packet from which the drug is dispensed. In that small slip all the information you want is written. Please write clearly what and how much you have taken so that you can be saved.

With Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover

Follow-up: How much of Trika pills taken can just hospitalize me not kill me ? 12 hours later
Dear DR. I didn't taken it so far and its my last chance to make our family to believe i really love my girl deeply so I'm taken this decision but I'm saved from death so that they 'll surly accept us and make us marriage. I don't want chemist instructions i don't wanna take any risk of death or hurt cos i really wanna live. so please kindly help me Trika 0.5 mg how many pills make me hospitalized but should not cos any little danger or hurt to me. pl give me number of pills to be taken safely. This is my last and final question. Pl i beg with you help me pl Dr. I wanna marry my girl and live happily soon. I promise i don't wanna die I wanna marry my girl and live happily for that I need to take this risk to prove my love pl tell me Dr. :(

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 13 minutes later
Dear Sir,

There is no drug which is 100% safe when overdose is taken. Let us hypothetically, take the example of Alparazolam (trade name Trika ), therapeutic dose is 0.5 to 1 mg daily as anxiolytic and sedative. Toxic dose is 4 mg that is 8 tablets. Six tablets induce sleep in 90% of people who can be woken with difficulty, in 5% the same effect can be achieved by 2 tablets. Similarly 16 tablets will push 80% in XXXXXXX sleep where gastric lavage done within half an hour can make them awake in all. In 20% same effect can be achieved with 10 tablets of 0.5 mg each. What more you want me to say?

Best Wishes.

Dr Anil Grover