How much does liver cancer surgery cost in Canada? Will Health Canada cover me? Long-term costs?

Liver Cancer, how much does typically surgery costs in CANADA estimated range is fine? will health Canada cover me 100% if I have no insurance at all or how much they will cover? what are my long term costs in medications?please respond back as specific as possible to questions.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 14 hours later

Liver cancer is a very broad term. A number of procedures and surgical methods are done during the course of such illness.

If you are speaking about Liver Transplant, the estimated average cost of a liver transplant in Ontario, including follow-up costs, is $200, 000, but the range varies widely because of factors such as disease severity, infection and complications. The average length of hospital stay is 40 days including a week of Intensive care. I have taken these figures from Canadian Medical Association Journal.

I am not aware of the insurance procedures and details of it. You have to find out with the insurance team, call them up. However it takes a very long time to get a transplant through Health Canada.

Hope this partly answers your query.