How much chromium can i take daily to help lower my blood sugar?

how much chromium can i take daily to help lower my blood sugar [one source tells me up to 4,000mg a day!..Thanks!
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer...RDA ( recommended daily allowance is 50-200 mcg per day. Detailed answer... Hello, Thanks for the query. It has been seen that a daily dose between 50-200 mcg per day for 2-3 weeks has been shown to reduce the diabetic symptoms but to say that chromium would totally treat your diabetes is not correct. It is advisable for you to resort to exercises,proper diet control and proper anti diabetic medications for controlling your blood sugar levels. Along with chromium,take proper amount of B complex vitamins and VIT D also as VIT D deficiency is widely reported to be present with type 2 diabetes. Do talk to your treating doctor for intake of any supplement. You must not take any thing without the permission and knowledge of your treating doctor. I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks