How much calories to take to regain lost weight?

Hi, My weight : 70kg Height :176 cm.. Last month i use to run fo 3 km per day. i lost upto 6 kg.. 63 kg then i stopped running for a while. Now i increase my weight by 7 (i.e 70kg). I started running again for 3 km per day... I don't want to lose my weight.. How much calories i need to take .. Can u just tell the diet which should help me to maintain 70 kg. Thanks, XXXXX
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Diet Plans
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thank for posting your query on XXXXXXX Your Body mass index is almost 22.6 kg/m2. It suggests that your weight (70kg) is appropriate for your height. You do not need to reduce weight. Calorie intake depends on your lifestyle. On an average an adult man requires 2400 - 2500 kcal/day for moderate activity. In diet you need to take everything in moderation to maintain the weight. You can avoid high calorie foods like milk products (butter, ghee, sweets, cream, ice cream etc). You need to take 3 regular meals in moderation and 3 small snacks. You can chose the food items from the food pyramid. Thus your meal can include the following: Early Morning: Lime water (sugar less) – 1 glass Breakfast: One of the following non fried preparations like: Whole wheat bread (without butter) – 3 slices Vegetable poha/ Dalia/ Sevian/ upma - 1 -2 cup Idli 2 - 3 pc. With Sāmbhar – 1 cup Cornflakes with skimmed milk (less sugar) – 1 cup Stuffed chapatti (2 no.) with dry vegetable – 1 katori Mid-Morning: Raw Fruits and vegetables. Lunch: 2 - 3 chapatti + sabji 1 katori + boiled brown rice ½ katori + dal – 1 katori + salad 1 katori + 1 glass thin butter milk or 1 katori skimmed curd. Evening Snacks: Milk/Tea / Coffee (less or no sugar) + high fiber biscuit OR Sprouts / roasted channa 1 katori Dinner: 2 - 3 chapatti + vegetable 1 katori + skimmed buttermilk 1 glass + salad 1 katori. Start your meals with salads and buttermilk, and stop eating when you are just full. Avoid snacking in between. Consume 2.5 to 3 liter water. Avoid juices. Exercise for atleast 20 min a day is needed. It can include gym, walk, yoga, swimming, skipping, cycling etc. Keep a weighing machine at home to keep track of weight. Avoid any habit that may be contributing to weight gain, like excessive sleeping, sedentary lifestyle, etc. Get routine blood tests done. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards Dr Vaishalee