How many days after conception can urine test show positive?

Infertility Specialist
Hi,can you please confirm how many days after conception can urine test come positive? How many days after implantation can you first take urine test and expect a positive?
Posted Fri, 24 Aug 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 36 hours later

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

Implantation occurs by 5th day after conception.

Urine test becomes positive approximately 3 weeks after implantation. For example if your implantation is on July 1 You will get positive urine test by 21 July.

If you want earlier result please get serum beta hCG test done after 2 weeks ( 14th July in above example).

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.