How many day before should I take regestrone to postpone periods?

My periods was due on XXXXXXX 16th. It didnt start till now and there is no chance of pregenancy. I have a religious function to attend on 27th. Either i need to get the periods started today itself so that i will get over completely before 27th, in other case, this needs to be posponed by 10 days.. Will start using regestrone today will help to postpone my periods for a week ?? If so, what is the prescribed dose? waiting for your valuable help in this regard..
Posted Thu, 7 Feb 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 21 minutes later
Hello, Ideally it should be take 3-4days before the period is due. You could be getting it anytime now. You can wait a couple of days if you want. If not, take 1 tab thrice a day till your function is over.
Follow-up: How many day before should I take regestrone to postpone periods? 6 minutes later
Thanks for the answer doctor.. I didnt start tab early because i have almost a regular period cycle. Since i dont want to take a chance now, as you suggested can i start taking regestrone 5 mg tab three times a day till 27th. Will this defintely help to postpone the cycle. Know its difficult to confirm from your side, but if you have seen the simialr cases working positive, i would be happy .. Please suggest..
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 23 hours later
Hello again XXXXXXX its not possible to confirm but i suggested a higher dose for you. So it should work. You can take upto 10mg thrice a day.