How many breathing treatments can be done per day for bilateral pneumonia?

I have bilateral pneumonia and am taking ZPack , Tussinex and using breathing treatments ..Levalbuterol. I'm 52 yrs old none smoker. How many breathing treatments can I do per day? Sometimes these are the only way to get relief.
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: As many as you can Detailed Answer: Hi Do you have a device where you put Albuterol (medicine) and breath to clear the wheeze. or Are you talking about blowing the colorful balls in the expirator as breathing treatment? If it is medicated breathing device where you have to breath in the medicine you can do it once every 4 hours. This immediately relieves the symptoms of SOB, wheeze. This is good and you can use it whenever you feel the need. Hope this answers.
Follow-up: How many breathing treatments can be done per day for bilateral pneumonia? 19 minutes later
yes, it is the inhaling medication. If I am having trouble at night breathing while reclining. I get coughing due to drowning feeling. Can I do the machine every couple of hours? Is there too much?
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: You can do it Detailed Answer: Yes if you trouble coughing you can do it. Raise the head end of the bed propped up position should be ideal thing to do at night to avoid cough and SOB.