How many 5 mg endone do I need to replace 100mg ms contin.

how many 5 mg endone do i need to take to replace 100mg ms contin x 2 daily wife has thrown meds out to scared to go to docs please help
Posted Fri, 7 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
The fact of matter is that OXYCODONE ( ENADONE ) is twice as strong or potent as of MORPHINE ( MS CONTIN ) .
Since your wife was taking 100 mg Of MS CONTIN twice a means a total dose of 200 mg in a day.
The equivalent amount comes to 100 mg of ENADONE in a day but since ENADONE is given 6 hourly,you can start with a dose of 15 mg ENADONE 4 times a day and then can increase the dose gradually to 25 mg 6 hourly.
However you must talk to your treating doctor for any particular dose of ENADONE to be given and it should be brought in his notice.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck