How long will udiliv 150 take to lower SGPT and SGOT to normal values?

General Surgeon
sir, i have sgpt 62 and sgot 47. how long will udiliv 150 take to lower them to normal values?
Posted Mon, 29 Oct 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later

Thank you for the query.

SGTP 62 and SGOT 47 are only slightly above the norm. Such results can be caused by liver viral infection, fatty liver, alcohol intake, spicy food, many medicines. It can also be your regular value. If you have no symptoms, and this is only the lab test that is making you uncomfortable, it can be nothing. Udiliv is used to make the bile ingredients to be more friendly for your liver and in some cases improves liver when it is slightly damaged by mentioned factors.
So in conclusion, if you have fatty liver it can take months to get rid of it. But it does not mean that your liver tests will be in normal values. Moreover, it is not the lab tests to be treated but the human with symptoms. In my opinion diet change will improve your liver as well.

Hope you will find it helpful. Feel free to ask further questions.
Follow-up: How long will udiliv 150 take to lower SGPT and SGOT to normal values? 10 hours later
Thank you sir. the thing is that im an airline pilot. we have medicals every 6 months where full bio chemical profile and blood/urine tests are conducted in detail. if any value above the range, im grounded. hence i need to know if Livopill and udiliv will reduce my levels. my medical is 2 months away. how many days before my SGOT/SGPT tests should i completely not drink? im 171cms tall and 77kgs. since my BMI is around 26. i always do my full bio chemical and lipid profile. all my other test results are normal. except this sgot/sgpt. i recovered from viral fever of 5 days with cough and cold and temp of 102f from 26th sep to 1st oct. took dolo650 3 times and 5 days anti biotics of augmentin 625mg. then i did my trial blood tests on 8th oct mrng. i also took telma 20mg to reduce my BP 2 hrs before my test also as my BP is slightly high. so sir pl advice accordingly..thk u!
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 11 hours later

Thank you for the query.

Usually it takes about 6 weeks to make liver cells regenerate. Mentioned medicines can make this process quicker, but how long it will take is very individual and different for every person. It is very possible that the viral infection caused your liver tests increase. Antibiotics with Dolo could also make this tests increased. So you can count 6 weeks after infection recovery and your tests should be in the normal range. If it is about drinking, basically only alcohol overuse or alcohol intoxication affects liver cells, so low dosage of alcohol should not be significant for this tests.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.