How long will the navicular bone bruise last?

I developed a navicular bone bruise following a rapid walk 3 monthes ago how long should the pain last?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 16 minutes later
Hello and thank you for your query.

As for the bruise of the navicular it can be quite tender and of course can be bothersome to your daily activities. I assume an xray was done? These bruises can take 6 months to a year even to heal completely. Anti-inflammatory medication such as meloxicam or naproxen or celebrex may help with the discomfort. If the pain worsens or is no better within the next 3 months I would suggest you see an orthopedist.

I hope this information has been helpful to you. I available for your followups.

Dr. Robert.