How long will my throat pain last which was caused due to swallowing of too many pills?

I was swallowed too many pills at once 2 day ago. Now I have a sharp pain in my throat when drinking or eating. Any idea how long this pain will last?
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Brief Answer: last 3 to 5 days Detailed Answer: Hi,thanks for using healthcare magic Normally it can take 3 to 5 days for improvement to occur. It is normally the superficial lining of the esophagus that is injured. To speed up the process and prevent further injury , you should avoid hot foods/beverages, hard or spicy foods. Use a soft diet- soups,potato, other crushed foods. The use of an anti inflammatory pain killer would also help.This includes medications such ibuprofen/aspirin/naproxen/cataflam. You can use which ever one of these is available to you. It should be used after using something to eat/drink. I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions