How long will it take to reduce shoulder pain after taking P.R.P injection?
User rating for this question
hi, my mom had P.R.P injection to reduce her shoulder pain before 5 days. how long will it take for her to become normal?
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Takes upto 12 weeks normally. Due to slow healing. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Usually it takes several weeks to provide the significant improvement in pain and healing. Platelet rich Plasma can help our body increase certain growth factors that are important in the healing process. Platelet rich Plasma can restart the body's natural healing processes. but Progress is usually slow. About 20% of PRP injected patients better at 6 weeks and about 80% better at 12 weeks. About 30% of patients may require second injection . A second injection (if needed) is usually not done until 12 weeks because significant improvement can occur up to that time period. Unfortunately about 10% of people will not respond to PRP. Almost everybody improves. Not everybody gets back to 100% of the initial strength and recovery from pain and inflammation. Thus my advise is to you can wait upto 12 weeks for complete effectiveness. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.
People also viewed
- Mega dose vitamin d3
- Shoulder pain while taking phentermine
- Can morphine cause death
- Simvastatin 40 mg tablets
- Amoxicillin mixed with milk
- Peroceliac region human body
- Nexium 40 mg tablets
- Can i take dolo 650 for shoulder pain
- Virus makes body hurt
- Does hiv make your body hot
- Why does my body shake when hungry
- Back pain shoulder pain headache abnormal stools after taking colospa
- Shoulder pain after injecting meth in arm
- Can i take nurokind plus for shoulder pain
- Lower right body pain skin hurts