How long will it take to recover from typhoid Fever, suggest diet and medicine?

Excellent

Question
1.How long will it take to recover from typhoid Fever,
2. What are the medicine for typhoid fever
3. What diet food should i taken in Home.
4. Tell me some tips for recovering from typhoid fever
Posted Thu, 22 Aug 2013 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Guru 21 minutes later

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!
Typhoid fever will be confirmed by blood culture. Usually it takes approximately 10 days to recover from it if appropriate antibiotic treatment is given.

Antibiotics, belonging to various classes like flouroquinolones, cephalosprorins etc are given after confirmation of diagnosis for about a week. You can get them prescribed by your treating doctor.

Soft diet is preferable. Include more fruit juices. Protein XXXXXXX foods like eggs, milk as the energy needs will be more. However, diet plan changes if there are any intestinal complications. Undergo a physical examination for this with treating doctor.

Usually, complete recovery can be hoped in 10 days, if there are no complications of typhoid and appropriate treatment is given.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, please let me know!
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:
WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish you good health.

Follow-up: How long will it take to recover from typhoid Fever, suggest diet and medicine? 18 minutes later
Sir What about my Widal Report
mild or severe
WIDAL REPORT

S. Typhi Ag 'O' : 1:80

S. Typhi Ag 'H' : 1:40

S. paratyphi Ag 'AH' : Negetive

S. Paratyphi Ag 'BH' : Negetive

Answered by Dr. Guru 49 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up.
Widal test has lot of limitations. It is difficult you to understand even if I give an explanation how it is interpreted. I personally to not rely completely on widal test for typhoid fever. Your treating doctor will keep in mind about lot of other things from the physical examination, clinical course of symptoms, the time when widal test is done etc to get a correct diagnosis whether the fever is because of typhoid fever or not. I also suggest that blood culture will be a good idea. Widal test is not for the confirmation of typhoid fever.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: How long will it take to recover from typhoid Fever, suggest diet and medicine? 39 minutes later
Thanks for you'r suggestion Sir,
one question
1. How Long Should I controlled from Oil Food & Spicy Food.

Answered by Dr. Guru 1 hour later

Everything depends on the confirmation of diagnosis. You need not have to worry very much about the food restrictions. If the diagnosis is confirmed and treatment started appropriately, then 10 days of follow up is sufficient.

Wish you good health.