How long will it take to come back to normal after endocarditis surgery?

Hi: On August 16 I had endocarditis surgery. As of December 3 I still feel fairly lousy. Will I ever return to feeling "normal" like I did before the surgery?
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Valvular Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following answer. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX, Although you had endocarditis surgery and appropriate treatment, however, you will feel some slight discomfort, mainly related to intervention. By the passing of time, these symptoms will gradually gone. The main symptoms you might feel are related to flu-like such as fatigue, muscle pain, especially on the site of the intervention. Please bare in mind that climatic changes and your psychological status will also affect the intensity of your symptoms. In addition, you will be improved, and feel back normal with some discomfort. Hope it answered to your inquiry! Dr.Benard
Follow-up: How long will it take to come back to normal after endocarditis surgery? 1 hour later
It isn't clear whether you're saying that over time things will return to normal or whether the new Normal will always include discomfort. And approximately how long before symptoms decrease or are gone? Also I note XXXXXXX letterman had quintuple bypass and is complete to back to work normally Also pro football coach had aortic valve re placement surgery and is back to coaching nfl team after thirty days. And my boss mo. Muti fell off podium and had to have pacemaker installed and after one month was back his normal schedule. Also people I work w have had mild strokes or stents installed and after five days hospital are working again better than ever
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following answer... Detailed Answer: Hi again. Thank you for writing back. The intervention you did was not related to heart disease (ischemia) as shown in the samples you looked at. Your intervention had to deal with endocarditis, which is not a type of ischemic heart disease but an infection of the endocardium (inner layer of the heart). You will turn completely normal again but needs time. The symptoms I am referring to are related to mild mialgia or pain from the wound (especially when it would be cloudy). The worst days have passed when you had intervention. Now, it is time to enjoy life without forgetting the regular check ups. All the best! Dr.Benard