How long will it take for Livogen to increase hemoglobin count?

my HB count came down to 8.6 in spite of my taking one Livogen tablet per day I increased it to 2 tabs per day After one week, my HB count is the same at 8.6 How long will it take to bring it up to 11? I am 80 years of age Thanks PD
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Expected rise of Hemoglobin is about 1gm/month. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. First of all it is important know what type of deficiency you have. Livogen is of help only when you are deficient in iron. Apart from this please discuss with your doctor about possible reason for low hemoglobin.Whether it is due to some blood loss at the time injury that you had couple of months back or something else. The rise of haemoglobin after tablets varies from individual to individual. In general we expect about 1 to 1.5gm rise per month. So, it is not advisable to check it after one week. Along with tablets diet also plays a very important role. In case of iron deficiency green leafy vegetables are good and are of much help. Please visit your doctor and discuss with him the possible reason and any other supplements that you might need. Regards, Dr.Pragnesh