How long should we wait for sex after a partial hysterectomy vaginally?

I had a partial hysterectomy vaginally 3 weeks ago. How long before my boyfriend and I can have outercourse?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 29 minutes later

After a partial vaginal hysterectomy if everything is fine and there is no pain,bleeding,discharge then woman can resume intercourse after 4 to 5 weeks after affirmation from the treating doctor.

Usually if hysterectomy is done vaginally recovery time is earlier and normal routine activities can be performed after 6 weeks.

You can consider waiting for 10 days and then get an evaluation done from the treating doctor if healing process is fine.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up query if any.