How long should I wait to take a nitrostat after using Viagra?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2013
Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Question
how long should I wait to take a nitrostat if I need one after using Viagra?
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
generally, not within 24 hours.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX
viagra and nitrates including nytroglycerine and similar drugs should not be taken together and this is absolutely contraindicated.
generally it is considered to be safe to take it 24 hours after 1 viagra tablet unless you have ariythmia, hypotension or severe heart ischemic disease. So many people do heart exercise test before they start using viagra. If there are satisfactory results then nitrates can be used after 24 hours as I said.
It is advisable to measure bp before you take nitrates and if there is bp less than 100/60,you should consult your doctor before taking it.wish you good health. Regards