How long should I wait after a liver biopsy to have sex?

I had a liver biopsy Wednesday 09/05/22 how long do I need to wait to have sex?
Posted Thu, 27 Sep 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Enrique Molina 2 hours later

Liver biopsies are a very safe and routine procedure. Recommendations are to avoid any strenuous activity for a week - which means to avoid arduous activity, heavy weight lifting, etc.
Sexual intercourse should be ok as long as you are careful and avoid any brisk movements or trauma to the abdominal area.

Remember you should also avoid any anti-inflammatory medications (such as aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, etc.) as these can make you bleed.

If your viral hepatitis is active, remember to use condoms to avoid infecting your partner.

Hope that helps and good luck with your biopsy results... Let me know if you have other concerns.