How long should I take medhavatika, hridayavatika and arjunarista?

Ayurveda Specialist
Dear Doctor(Dr. Munish Sood) I have stopped talking actiblock since 2/11/13 and my BP is 120/80 till today.need your advice how long i need to take medhavatika and hridayavatika and arjunarista.I am yet to start pranayam and planning to start by this weekend.some times evening i am feeling dull do i need to take vitamin tonic(any suggession).I am really very much thank full to you for giving excellent support during my crysis time.overal i got lot of reliefe by shifting to ayurveda.
Posted Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Dosage schedule & supplementation Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Thanks for reverting back with your health concerns and health care follow up with Ayurveda Medicines and necessary lifestyle management. 1. As advised earlier, let your body adjust to gradually reduced cardiac output and make sure you now supplement with magnesium [since stopped the drug]. 2. since you had stopped the medicine gradually and with tapering dosage, thus hopefully no ADR [Adverse Drug Effect] will be there. 3. hridyamrit vati and arjunarishta are CARDIOTONIC [giving strength to the muscles of the heart and also boost the immune system], so after a month, you can discontinue hridyamrit vati but continue with arjunarishta. 4. XXXXXXX vati+ Ashwagandharishta are NERVINE TONIC [calming the mind], again after a month course, you can stop XXXXXXX vati and continue with ashwagandharishta. 5. since problem of hypertension is a psychosomatic problem [as stated earlier], thus ashwagandha will take care of mind and arjunarishta will take care of heart. 6. since you are feeling dull in the evening [sometimes], very effective tonic for you will be "angoor assav" [20ml with equal amount of water, after meals]. PS . make sure pranayam like 'bhastrika', and yoga posture like 'shrishashan' which raise blood pressure are not performed Dr. Munish Sood Consultant & Physician Naimittika.