How long should I continue myospaz for pain?

I am on Myospaz for every morning pain now for 4 weeks , one at night time. though my pain has not entirely gone, i feel intensity is reduced . how long i can continue. i am on lithium as well 400 SR twice a day.regards
Posted Fri, 26 Oct 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later

Thanks for the query

Myospaz is a muscle relaxant and have common side effects like dizziness, loss of appetite and dyspepsia. Chronic use can affect liver causing jaundice, dark colored stools and dark colored urine.

For most therapeutic purposes this drug is given 3-4 times daily for a month. The dose is gradually withdrawn as symptoms improve. However if you the symptoms persist it can be continued for a month longer.

As you are on once a day schedule, there will not be any serious harm with continuing it for few more days. Report back to your doctor who after clinical examination can confirm the withdrawal of this medication.

Hope this answers your query. If you still have some query, feel free to ask