How long should I continue metpure XL 50? What are the side effects?
User rating for this question
I am taking Metpure XL 50 tablet everyday since last three years. is it necessary to continue it. In long run what will be its side effects. My age is now 44 years.
Posted Sun, 28 Oct 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 5 hours later
Thanks for posting your query. Beta blockers are one of the effective antihypertensive drugs and are also cadioprotective. They not only lower the blood pressure but also reduce the heart rate which reduces the oxygen demand of the heart and thus they protect the heart in this manner. However, just like any other drug, they all have their attendant adverse effects. Common side effects of beta blockers are Fatigue, Cold hands, Headache, Constipation and occasionally Dizziness. Less common side effects are Shortness of breath, Loss of sex drive and Depression. Beta blockers are usually continued for long as long as the side effects are not bothering the patient. Please consult your physician regarding the continuation of the drug.
Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.
Wishing you good health.
People also viewed
- Can i take desyrel dividose for reflex sympathetic dystrophy syndrome?
- Metpure xl 50 purpose
- How to wean child off vyvanse
- Can i take pfizerpen for clostridium difficile associated diarrhea ?
- Metpure xl 50 mg
- Is practin good for child
- Does melatonin stunt child development
- Metpure xl 50 side effects
- Is gantrisin pediatric used in the treatment of inclusion conjunctivitis?
- Tab metpure xl 50 side effect
- How often should i shower my child
- Will diaper rash ointment treat diaper dermatitis, irritant induced ?
- Is low ogestrel 21 used in the treatment of emergency contraception ?
- Metpure xl 50 tabletas
- My child was perscribed hydroxyzine why