How long is shingles contagious?
User rating for this question
I have Shingles and was wondering how long I need to stay away from babies or pregnant women?
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 4 minutes later
Atleast for 4 - 6 weeks after you are alright.
Follow-up: How long is shingles contagious? 0 minute later
Really, that long! So I have to stay at home so as not to come into contact with them?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 days later
Brief Answer: AS BELOW Detailed Answer: Shingles usually starts as a painful rash on one side of the face or body. The rash forms blisters that typically scab over in 7–10 days and clears up within 2–4 weeks. You are infectious until your blisters completely scab over and clear up. Hence, 4 weeks is the minimum. To be on the safer side, 4 - 6 weeks is a maximum guess. Yes, if you are likely to come into contact with babies or pregnancy , it is best to stay away from them. Take care.
People also viewed
- Diagnosis of dermatitis venenata
- Lump on neck goes down after exercise
- How long is shingles contagious
- Diagnosis of diabetic then carbuncle
- Lump on nape of neck with black dot in center
- How contagious is shingles virus
- Diagnosis of photosensitive dermatitis
- Diagnosis of follicular dermatitis
- Valtrex for shingles how long
- Lump on roof of mouth and twitching eye
- Diagnosis of scalp disease
- Lump on collar bone and localized rash that doesnt itch
- Lump on cervix goes bigger and smaller
- Shingles contagious stage how long
- How contagious is shingles