How long is shingles contagious?
User rating for this question
I have Shingles and was wondering how long I need to stay away from babies or pregnant women?
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 4 minutes later
Atleast for 4 - 6 weeks after you are alright.
Follow-up: How long is shingles contagious? 0 minute later
Really, that long! So I have to stay at home so as not to come into contact with them?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 days later
Brief Answer: AS BELOW Detailed Answer: Shingles usually starts as a painful rash on one side of the face or body. The rash forms blisters that typically scab over in 7–10 days and clears up within 2–4 weeks. You are infectious until your blisters completely scab over and clear up. Hence, 4 weeks is the minimum. To be on the safer side, 4 - 6 weeks is a maximum guess. Yes, if you are likely to come into contact with babies or pregnancy , it is best to stay away from them. Take care.
People also viewed
- How long is shingles contagious
- How contagious is shingles virus
- Impetigo blisters do i burst theme
- Unani medicin night fal
- Frontal leg injury with fall
- Valtrex for shingles how long
- Cauliflower blister on foot
- Best food for thalasemia hair fall
- What causes blisters in your cleavage
- Skin graft care blister
- My foot is swollen from falling
- Puss filled blisters ear cartilage
- Shingles contagious stage how long
- Glenmark foliglo for hair fall
- How contagious is shingles