How long does surgery take to repair orbital floor fracture?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
How long does surgery take to repair orbital floor fracture? Due to have this op on Tuesday.
Posted Sat, 28 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
The surgical repair brings the broken pieces to in close vicinity. The healing of bones takes 3-4 weeks after which calcification takes place.
After the surgery you can resume your normal activities after 1 week of rest as soon as the pain subsides.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.