How long does sulpha side effects show up after taking bactrim?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
i am allergic to sulpha, and my dr forgot he prescribed bactrim i took one, how long will it take for a allergic reaction?
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. Well,it can take from several minutes till 24 hours after it is taken,but it may not cause any reaction at all. Usually there is reaction within 1-2 hours and if nothing happen in this time, then probbaly you wont have any allergic reaction. So I dont think that you need some preventional antiallegic drugs or medical attention. Just check your skin for rash and if you notice something you can take synopen or similar drugs. If you have breathing difficulties you should visit doctor as soon as possible. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards