How long does steroid stay in my system and what is the cause for open areas around incisions from breast augmentation?

had breast aug and lift surgery 12/11/13... issue of severe rash/hives from anethesia or other unknown medication...was prescribed pregnisone and other cortisteriods for dealing with rash (over 80% of my body). Now the incisions from my breast aug/lift are opening, and I have developed some open areas around the incisions from very thin skin. My surgeon believes it is due to smoking and not the steriods. I took 50mg of pregnisone for a week and applied massive amounts of topical oinments/creams to my body to help with the itching. My question is how long does the steriod stay in my system and will the thin skin areas go away. I have never had thin skin anywhere on my body before. respond to: YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that your doctor is right in saying that probably it is not due to prednisone it can occur rarely when you develop cushings syndrome due to steroid intake which does not seem in your case . Some steroids are long acting , prednisone is a short acting steroid with half life of a few hours thus is not going to accumulate in your body . For other things I will advise you to follow your treating doctors advise fully , he remains the best judge of the situation as he has examined you . Take care. Dr. Shruti