How long does oxycodone stay active in the system?

Oct 2013

I have taken 60 mg of oxcdone over the past24hrs and after 8 hrs of my last dose I took 4mg of Ativan and 2 mg of clanazapam. Is it safe to go to sleep and how long is the oxycodone active in my system, more specifically how long do these drugs interact?
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Namala Bharadwaj 1 hour later
Brief Answer: usually 3 -12 hours but varies if other drugs . Detailed Answer: Hello dear XXXXX. Thanks for your query at XXXXXXX I understand your concern. Oxycodone generally active in system for 3 to 6 hours after taking orally and 12 hours if extended release tablets. But duration and efficacy may vary if it is taken with other Central nervous system drugs. Oxycodone is opioid analgesics, should be started at 1/3 to 1/2 of the usual dosage if you are concurrently receiving other central nervous system depressants including sedatives or hypnotics because respiratory depression, hypotension, and profound sedation may result. If you have any symptoms like drowsiness, nausea, light headedness, respiratory difficulty immediately consult doctor for further management. Other wise no need to worry , you can sleep. My recommendation would be you can consult your physician about dose titration of Oxycodone if taken with ativan and clonazapam. Hope I answered your query. Any further information you can ask me in follow up query. Regards.