How long does morphine take to get out of the system?

Wondering if it is possible that after at least 3-4 full days without my morphine sulfate 50 mg. er., could this be the reason it did not show up in my urine? How long does it typically take for it to be out of your system & is it different for everybody?
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 53 minutes later
Thanks for your query. As you had mentioned, morphine is unlikely to show up in urine after 3-4 full days after abstaining. The reason being the half life of morphine is just around 2 hours which means it would be washed off your body within a day at the most. It would be more or less the same for all except those with liver disease as liver metabolises morphine.Wish you good health.
Dr Sundar
Substance use specialist