How long does metaspray take to cure adenoid?

Aug 2013

ENT Specialist
Hello good morning dr. hope you got my son history with adenoid using metaspray from 9 days. His mouth breathing is continuing with sternum moves in at night during day time I noticed his sternum is little gone inside with very very little rib flare . I'm totally worried he getting some abnormality with his chest to look.during day time there is sternum in long it will take to see the effect of metaspray and these abnormality will be self corrected once adrnoid swelling is gone with the spray?? Or we need to for surgery immediately or wait for metaspray effect for 1 or 2 months.will this weighting period cause his chest defotmity to avoid or prevent until.Sorry there is no sternum indrawing during day time.but little gone inside
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sriram Nathan 3 hours later
hello again, The effect of metaspray is not on the adenoids as such but the surrounding tissues of the nose so there is in direct effect. The spray helps indirectly to reduce nose block and not directly. The effect may take two to three months to manifest so you need to wait. The minimal sternal indrawing is nothing to worry about. In any case just get your pediatrician to examine him all the same to be in the safer side Like I mentioned before, you can wait till he is around five years for the surgery as then he will be able to tolerate the same better but if the symptoms are severe you might as well go ahead in consultation with your ENT doctor Hope this helps regards Dr Sriram Nathan
Follow-up: How long does metaspray take to cure adenoid? 28 minutes later
If stetnum becomes deep day by day can it be reversed later I dont want him to get funnel chest? Yes dr I will wait for 2 to 3 months for the effect and we will have cosultation on 15 th with his pead.dr for 2nd dose of vaccine however. thanks a lot ur answer gives psychological support.
Answered by Dr. Sriram Nathan 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: don't worry Detailed Answer: Hello again, I do understand your concern about the chest. If the mild indrawing is due to nose block then definitely it will become normal when it's corrected. In any case your Paediatrician will rule out any ominous causes so don't worry. Just wait and watch Regards Dr Sriram Nathan