How long does lortab remain in the body?

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I have new pain management doctor and have been prescribed percocet, I have a pain contract and nothing but prescribed meds can show up in urine test. I mistakenly took one of my dads' lortab 10 and would like to know if lortab shows up different than percocet, and if so how long will lortab stay and show up in urine.
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Pain Management
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hydrocodone and oxycodone have same chemical structure Detailed Answer: Hi You do not need to worry as tab. percocet and lortab contains opioid derivative which are almost same in chemical structure. Above all, you took only one tablet. The half-life of hydrocodone (lortab) is 3.8 hours, which means half of drug, will be removed from your body in 4 hour, and then you can imagine what will happen in 24 hour. Take care and wish you good health.
Follow-up: How long does lortab remain in the body? 2 hours later
I was told that in a urine test that the lab would report the difference as being other than the prescribed medication. I did only take one, but I don't want to risk my contract being null and void. Thank you for your answer.
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: i am happy that you are at ease Detailed Answer: Hi I am happy that you are at ease now.If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health".