How long does it take to show symptoms of HVP?

General Surgeon
As far as HPV goes. How high or high low is the percentage of genital warts? Do you see more genital warts on Men or Women or is it about equal? I have no symptoms but I am very concerned bout genital warts. I haven't been in a relationship for 4 months now and I've been told you can develope warts after a few months.
Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Incubation period is normally between 3- 4 months Detailed Answer: Namasthe Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Sub-clinical infection that is harboring the bacteria without clinically manifested lesion is more prevalent in woman as they may be present in cervix. They tend to be more asymptomatic and usually harbor the strains of HPV which are likely to cause cervical cancer apart from those strains of HPV which cause warts. The Incubation period ( the time interval between exposure to virus and development of warts) of HPV is usually between 3-4 months, but sometimes it may be as long as 2 years. That implies warts can develop even 2 years after one is exposed to it. I hope i have answered your query. In case you have any other query, kindly get back to me. Wishing you a healthy life Take Care Regards Dr Deepak Kishore Consultant Surgeon