How long does it take to get over lip swelling after discontinuing Amlodipidine?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
On average how long does it take after d/c Amlodipidine before lip swelling goes ? I've been off Amlodipidine for 3 days and no changes found.
Posted Sat, 15 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 46 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your query.

This is common side effect of amlodipine.
It should subside in 3-5 days and completely pass till 7 days. If this persists after this time you should visit doctor and find is there another cause of lip swelling. Also, I suggest to take some antihistaminic drug so ask your GP or pharmacist about this. Of course, dont take amlodipine ever again, there are some other medicines which can be used instead of it.
If you notice breathing difficulties, cough, vertigo, diziness,nausea or heart palpitations you should go to ER immidiately.

Wish you good health. Regards