How long does it take to get nicotine out of your system?

Question
how long to get nicotine out of your system to pass a swab test
Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: See below Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. If you are a regular consumer of nicotine, it requires averagely 30days to get a negative urine drug test for nicotine. If you just consumed it once, it can take as little as 5days to get a negative urine drug screen. In any case, it really depends on how often you have been using it and how much. I hope this answers your query fully. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more questions if need be. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.

Follow-up: How long does it take to get nicotine out of your system? 2 days later
not a urine test but a mouth swab test for nicotine and it's components.

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Thanks for the precision! Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the follow up and the precision. It takes averagely 5days to get a negative mouth swab nicotine screen for those who use it sparingly. However, it you were a heavy smoker, it may take weeks before it becomes negative. I hope this addressed the query. Feel free to ask for any more precision if need be. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, Md.