How long does it take to cure oral thrush?

Dermatologist
Question
How long it takes oral trush to go?? Pls help
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 9 minutes later
Oral thrush is candida,fungal infection of the oral cavity,coating the oral mucosa and tongue,which needs anti-fungal mouth lotion to apply over the mucosa and tongue for 2 weeks and if needed oral anti-fungal medication ,usually occurs inpoororal hygiene and also in prolonged antibiotics usage.With adequate treatment and good oral hygiene,it may get cured in 2-3 weeks.

Follow-up: How long does it take to cure oral thrush? 5 minutes later
I had take pencillin for 3 weeks and suffering from Oral Trush from few weeks been on fungilin amphotericin b but still Got sore throat worried seems hv lost weight as well

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: 4 weeks Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. Usually it takes around 4 weeks for the oral thrush to heal. I would advice you to get an hiv test done. Just to rule out. Let me know if you have any other doubts. thank you

Follow-up: How long does it take to cure oral thrush? 0 minute later
Y hiv test???

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: just to rule out Detailed Answer: Just to rule it out. it is more common in diabetics and hiv positive people.

Follow-up: How long does it take to cure oral thrush? 1 minute later
M not diabetic nor hiv positve i hv got hypo thyroid

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: maximum 4 weeks Detailed Answer: Please don't worry. if you are not diabetic and hiv negative, then It should heal within 4 weeks. thank you

because i hd miscarraige in XXXXXXX so all My tests wre

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: please relax Detailed Answer: Its good that all your tests were fine. please relax. It will heal. Just it takes bit long time Thank you

Follow-up: How long does it take to cure oral thrush? 10 minutes later
I had miscarraige in XXXXXXX 2013 and i hv got hypothyroid. All my results Done during my d&c were normal and can i know how this hiv test is carried out and how long it takes to get results and wt are symptoms of hiv and attached is image of my tongue got these dots on my tongue. Please help

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello At present I can only see red dots on your tongue. There dots are not thrush. There are normal glands of tongue and are present in everyone. hiv test takes around 2 days to give report.

Follow-up: How long does it take to cure oral thrush? 12 minutes later
After going through the details above regarding the the things I have mentioned wt do u think and do u stil suggest to go for hiv test

Brief Answer: test not required Detailed Answer: Hello After seeing the photograph I don't feel that your condition is that severe. You don't require hiv test. just relax you will be fine in few days.

Follow-up: How long does it take to cure oral thrush? 54 minutes later
According to medical history as well u suggest not to go fr test

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: test not needed Detailed Answer: Yes you don't need test, as the thrush is not that severe. However he you keep getting recurrent episode of oral thrush then you must go for test.

Follow-up: How long does it take to cure oral thrush? 22 minutes later
Pic of whole tongue

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello thanks for the follow up and photograph. its just mile thrush. In severe thrush entire tongue is coated and there are large flakes on tongue. just relax you will be fine soon.

Follow-up: How long does it take to cure oral thrush? 31 minutes later
Sure thanks

Brief Answer: welcome Detailed Answer: You are most welcome

Follow-up: How long does it take to cure oral thrush? 19 hours later
Hi doctor attached are my pics Regarding thrush i asked u gt these boils wt u say

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer: These are acne Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the follow up and photographs. These boils are just acne they are not related to thrush. Just apply clindamycin get twice daily, you will be fine. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you

Follow-up: How long does it take to cure oral thrush? 4 days later
Hi could you pla help me does the pic atrached is right side if my face do the glands and lympha looks swollen pls help n do the right side of my face is swollen???

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the follow up. Yes there is slight swelling visible on right side of your face. Without examining physically,It is difficult say whether it is lymph swelling or just collection of fluid. Please XXXXXXX a doctor and get yourself examined. Thank you

Due to oral Trush can it be swelling

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 minutes later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: No, oral thrush cannot cause swelling. It can happen in renal dysfunctions. Please get your renal function test done. Thank you

Wt is renal dysfunction

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 minute later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: When your kidneys are not functioning well, it is called as renal dysfunction.

Follow-up: How long does it take to cure oral thrush? 2 minutes later
K how test is done

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello, It is a blood test. Levels of creatinine and urea in blood are checked. Also ultra sound is done to check kidneys. Thank you

Follow-up: How long does it take to cure oral thrush? 6 days later
Is this normal marks on my hands

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: details needed Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX You have only these marks or there are other symptoms also like itch pain etc.

No it doesnt itch or pain y wt happens if it pains

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Don't worry these might be due to blocked sweat pores. Soon you will get relief. If it pains we should think of some systemic involvement. Thank you