How long does it take to cure H. pylori?

Oncologist
Question
Posted Fri, 21 Jun 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a good one and I will work on providing you with some appropriate information and recommendations.

H Pylori Infection is treated typically with multiple medications including a proton pump inhibitor as well as two antibiotics. This combination of therapy is given usually for at least 10 to 14 days. That period of time is typically long enough for full eradication of the bacteria.

For specific treatment recommendations and prescriptions please consult your local doctor.

Thank you again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional specific concerns.

Sincerely,

Dr. Galamaga