How long does it take for valsartan HCT to regulate BP?

How long does it take for valsartan HCT to regulate your blood pressure
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Brief answer....the action of medicines starts within few hours
Detailed answer....

Although the action of medicine starts within few hours of giving the medicine, but it would take appoximately 2-3 weeks for this combination to have full effect.

In case blood pressure is not reduced to the desired target within 3 weeks of starting this medicine, then you may either need to increase the individual dose of these medicines or add some more medicine in consultation with your doctor.
The dose of medicine should not be increased by the patient himself and the decision should be left on the treating doctor only.

I hope it helps, however you may revert to me for any further query.

Best of luck