How long does it take Methylprednisolone to relieve breathing issues for bronchitis?

Cardiac Surgeon
Question
How long does it take Methylprednisolone to relieve breathing issues related to acute bronchitis.
Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Nisarga 1 hour later
As you have mentioned it to be an acute bronchitis, there won't be a need for any such steroid medications, unless it is very severe. In that case you may be hospitalized.
But if it is prescribed by a doctor, usually takes a week to subside.
Injectable steroid preparations are usually prescribed in a severe attack.
I wish you good health.

Follow-up: How long does it take Methylprednisolone to relieve breathing issues for bronchitis? 24 minutes later
My Methylprednisolone (pill form;6 days; 21 total pills) prescription was by an ER doctor because my regular doctor is out of town. He released me and told me I should start to feel better in 3 days. I am currently finishing up Day 2. Is the one week you suggested also for the 6-day pill form?

Answered by Dr. Nisarga 37 minutes later
hello,
If it is prescribed by an ER doctor, it is fine to take for 6 days and taper it slowly. Wait for another 3-4 days, you will be relieved of your symptoms.
Next time you make sure that you visit your consultant doctor only, because he will be knowing your health history.
Wish you good luck.
Regards.