How long does a single dose of milk of magnesia

Question
How long does a single dose of milk of magnesia stay in the body/ system. Have something important to do around ten am n took it at 1130 pm and need it to stop before then.
Posted Thu, 23 Nov 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
12-24 hours on average

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but the effect of milk of magnesium lasts for a variable time .. This time is determined by various factors such as the frequency of bowel moments and the dose consumed .. however it lasts on average for 12-24 hours.. Also you can take only one dose of imoduim to counteract its effect before your appointement ..I hope you find this helpful ..