How long does Novasure procedure take to cure bloody vaginal discharge?

I had novasure procedure on 11 of Feb 2014. Up till now, I am still having continuous bloody discharge. How long will the discharge stop? Last Tuesday, my medical officer prescribed 2 kinds of antibiotics to me as I am suffered from infection. Ultrasound examination also conducted and result is normal. I found my discharge sometimes is brown, yellowish or bloody. It's nearly 3 weeks after procedure but the discharge seems never stop. When can it stop? It really drives me crazy.
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Infection or incomplete destruction of endometrium Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX Thanks for writing to HCM. I went through your query and understood your concerns. I am sorry to hear about this. Novasure is relatively safe procedure. After the procedure, you may have some side effects, such as cramping, nausea, and vaginal discharge that may be watery and mixed with blood. This discharge will become clear after a couple of days and can last for around 1 to 2 weeks. As you are having bleeding after 3 weeks of procedure i can think of two possible causes for it . First one incomplete destruction of endometrium resulting in more prolonged bleeding or other possible cause is infection, which is seen in few patients after procedure. As your scan report says normal, so better to get treated for infection. Your doctor has prescribed antibiotics for infection, Even i recommend you to continue antibiotic. Hopefully your bleeding responds to treatment to reduces in a week . If it doesn't stop need to get repeat scan done to check for endometrial thickness and culture and sensitivity testing of endometrial discharge. I hope these answers have been both informative and helpful for you. Should you have additional concerns I would be happy to address them. Wish you good health. Regards
Follow-up: How long does Novasure procedure take to cure bloody vaginal discharge? 1 hour later
Thanks for your prompt reply. In fact, I have had up to 4 to 5 ultrasound scanning after Novasure procedure. All said "Normal". I have just uploaded two ultrasound examination photos and another photo showing my current situation of "bloody discharge". Do you have any idea of them? I feel really frustrated as I can't see any sign of healing. My doctor has said healing process might be different for different people.
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Healing process or infection Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX Thanks for follow up query. I went through your report and image of your discharge. Your discharge is showing healing process, Its not prompt blood, watery discharge is suggestive of healing process, not to worry. Take lot of fluids and healthy diet rich in proteins which helps in healing process. Better to get smear study of discharge for presence of infection. As you are antibiotic which is going to improve your healing process. Hope this helps you. Feel free to ask further related query. If satisfied close query and rate it. Wish you a good health. Regards